Библиотека сайта или "Мой Linux Documentation Project"
After this documentation was released in July 2003, I was approached by Prentice Hall and asked to write a book on the Linux VM under the Bruce Peren's Open Book Series.
The book is available and called simply "Understanding The Linux Virtual Memory Manager". There is a lot of additional material in the book that is not available here, including details on later 2.4 kernels, introductions to 2.6, a whole new chapter on the shared memory filesystem, coverage of TLB management, a lot more code commentary, countless other additions and clarifications and a CD with lots of cool stuff on it. This material (although now dated and lacking in comparison to the book) will remain available although I obviously encourge you to buy the book from your favourite book store :-) . As the book is under the Bruce Perens Open Book Series, it will be available 90 days after appearing on the book shelves which means it is not available right now. When it is available, it will be downloadable from http://www.phptr.com/perens so check there for more information.
To be fully clear, this webpage is not the actual book.
Next: Abstract Up: understand-html Previous: List of Figures   Contents   Index
- 1.1. Kernel size as an indicator of complexity
- 3.1. Flags Describing Page Status
- 3.2. Macros For Testing, Setting and Clearing Page Status Bits
- 4.1. Page Table Entry Protection and Status Bits
- 5.1. System Calls Related to Memory Regions
- 5.2. Functions related to memory region descriptors
- 5.3. Memory Region VMA API
- 5.4. Reasons For Page Faulting
- 5.5. Accessing Process Address Space API
- 6.1. Boot Memory Allocator API for UMA Architectures
- 6.2. Boot Memory Allocator API for NUMA Architectures
- 7.1. Physical Pages Allocation API
- 7.2. Physical Pages Free API
- 7.3. Low Level GFP Flags Affecting Zone Allocation
- 7.4. Low Level GFP Flags Affecting Allocator Behavior
- 7.5. Low Level GFP Flag Combinations For High Level
- 7.6. High Level GFP Flags Affecting Allocator Behavior
- 7.7. Process Flags Affecting Allocator Behavior
- 8.1. Non-Contiguous Memory Allocation API
- 8.2. Non-Contiguous Memory Free API
- 9.1. Internal cache static flags
- 9.2. Cache static flags set by caller
- 9.3. Cache static debug flags
- 9.4. Cache Allocation Flags
- 9.5. Slab Allocator API for caches
- 10.1. High Memory Mapping/Unmapping API
- 11.1. Page Cache API
- 12.1. Swap Cache API
Эта статья еще не оцениваласьВы сможете оценить статью и оставить комментарий, если войдете или зарегистрируетесь.
Только зарегистрированные пользователи могут оценивать и комментировать статьи.